Destination Canada hosts the annual Explore Canada Awards of Excellence to honour and reward outstanding pieces of content that inspire travel and the efforts made to bring them to life.
This year, 11 media awards will be granted to recognize the very best Canadian travel storytelling published in Destination Canada’s international markets: Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, United Kingdom and the United States, as well as in Canada.
The winner from each international market will be announced online in July in the lead-up to this year’s GoMedia Canada in Ottawa, Ontario. In addition to the accolade, winners will be awarded a cash prize of $500 CAD.
The deadline for all 2019 Explore Canada Awards of Excellence submissions is Monday, May 13, 2019.
You must meet both criteria below in order to submit your work:
- Attendee of a Destination Canada-led media event or program (including press trip) within the last three years (2016 to present) who has produced travel content about Canada as a result of participation.
- Journalist, influencer, photographer or videographer producing for an India-based publication or outlet.
- Travel-related, non-fiction, experience-inspired content about Canada.
- Published in India targeting Indian travellers via print, online or broadcast media.
- Entries hosted at URLs that the candidate does not control should also be submitted in PDF format in the event that the site is modified or removed prior to the judging process.
- Entries not hosted online should be attached in PDF form to the entrant’s submission.
- The publication(s) you submit for consideration must be published after the date of your participation at a Destination Canada-led media event or program within the last three years (2016 to present).
- Maximum three entries per person.
- Previous submissions that have not won can be re-submitted.
SUBMISSION & DEADLINE:
Please complete the awards submission form below and return it to Sonali Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 13, 2019.
Media are also invited to nominate Canadian tourism industry professionals for a new Industry Excellence Award. This award will honour and recognize media relations professionals (individual or team) in the Canadian tourism industry who assisted a media outlet or journalist in producing exceptional Canadian travel content.
- Must be Canadian tourism industry media relations professionals (includes province, territorial and destination marketing organizations, small businesses and PR agencies).
- Destination Canada staff and GSAs are excluded.
- Must be media (editor, journalist, videographer, photographer) from Canada or one of Destination Canada’s 10 international markets;
- Must have worked with the nominee within the last three years (2016 – 2019); and
- Must have produced a strong piece of travel content as a result of the support of the nominee(s).
Maximum number of nominations:
- Nominators may nominate a maximum of three individuals or teams per year.
An individual or team nominated for this award will have demonstrated excellence in strategic earned media relations, inclusive of:
- An extraordinary commitment to continuously providing excellent content and support to media, beyond the scope of usual roles and responsibilities.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective and timely supportive relationships, critical to the success of Canadian coverage.
- A creative, outside-the-box approach that enabled media to tell a story (or stories) that was authentic and transformational, leading to engagement and potential conversions by target audiences.
- Demonstrated a team approach in connecting media to the best partners and story tellers, beyond their own destinations.
Nomination Form & Deadline:
Please complete the nomination form below and return it to Sonali Gupta at email@example.com by Monday, May 13, 2019.