Destination Canada hosts the annual Explore Canada Awards of Excellence to honour and reward outstanding pieces of content and the efforts made to bring them to life.
This year, to replace the UK specific British Annual Canada Travel Awards (BACTA’s) in which there have been 2 media award categories, 11 media awards will be granted to recognize the very best Canadian travel storytelling published in Destination Canada’s international markets: Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, United Kingdom and the United States, as well as in Canada (one award per market).
The winner from each international market will be announced online in September in the lead-up to this year’s GoMedia Canada in Calgary, Alberta. Winners will be awarded a cash prize of $500 CAD.
The deadline for all 2018 Explore Canada Awards of Excellence submissions has been extended to Friday, July 20, 2018.
You must meet both criteria below in order to submit your work:
- Attendee of a Destination Canada-led media event or press trip within the last three years (January 1st 2015 to July 2018) who has produced travel content about Canada as a result of attendance.
- Journalist, influencer or photographer producing for a UK-based publication or outlet.
- Travel-related, non-fiction, experience-inspired content about Canada.
- Published in the United Kingdom targeting UK travellers via print, online or broadcast media.
- Entries hosted at URLs that the candidate does not control should also be submitted in PDF format in the event that the site is modified or removed prior to the judging process.
- Entries not hosted online should be attached in PDF form to the entrant’s submission.
- The content you submit for consideration must be published after the date of your attendance at a Destination Canada-led media event or program within the last three years (2015 to present).
- Maximum three entries per person.
- Previous submissions that have not won can be re-submitted.
Submission & Deadline: