Destination Canada hosts the annual Explore Canada Awards of Excellence to honour and reward outstanding pieces of content that inspire travel and the efforts made to bring them to life.
This year, 11 media awards will be granted to recognize the very best Canadian travel storytelling published in Destination Canada’s international markets: Australia, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, United Kingdom and the United States, as well as in Canada.
The winner from each international market will be announced online in September in the lead-up to this year’s GoMedia Canada in Calgary, Alberta. In addition to the accolade, winners will be awarded a cash prize of $500 CAD.
The deadline for all 2018 Explore Canada Awards of Excellence submissions has been extended to Friday, July 20, 2018.
You must meet both criteria below in order to submit your work:
- Attendee of a Destination Canada-led media event or program (including press trip) within the last three years (2015 to present) who has produced travel content about Canada as a result of participation.
- Journalist, influencer, photographer or videographer producing for a Canadian-based publication or outlet.
- Travel-related, non-fiction, experience-inspired content about Canada.
- Published in Canada targeting Canadian travellers via print, online or broadcast media.
- Aligned with one or more of the following themes: Adventure, Vibrant Cities, Natural Wonders, Culinary, or World Class Attractions, Festivals and Events.
- Entries hosted at URLs that the candidate does not control should also be submitted in PDF format in the event that the site is modified or removed prior to the judging process.
- Entries not hosted online should be attached in PDF form to the entrant’s submission.
- The content you submit for consideration must be published after the date of your attendance at a Destination Canada-led media event or program within the last three years (2015 to present).
- Maximum three entries per person.
- Previous submissions that have not won can be re-submitted.
Submission & Deadline: